Wits end with skimmer-Need help PLEASE

Let's start from step one.

Take the cup off. Adjust the bubbles so they just start to overflow out of the skimmer body. Reinstall the cup. Wait a day or two. That's it.

In the picture you posted the bubble level is WAY too high.

If it won't skim it's possible you just don't have enough bioload. Five fish in a 150 isn't much. I have the same skimmer (the SSS version) in a 70g setup, also with five fish, and it works great.
 
Let's start from step one.

Take the cup off. Adjust the bubbles so they just start to overflow out of the skimmer body. Reinstall the cup. Wait a day or two. That's it.

In the picture you posted the bubble level is WAY too high.

If it won't skim it's possible you just don't have enough bioload. Five fish in a 150 isn't much. I have the same skimmer (the SSS version) in a 70g setup, also with five fish, and it works great.
I was getting ready to say the same thing.... I don't know what all is in the tank, but the lack of bio-load for that size tank is right where my brain went to because everything else looked normal to me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new