jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
they are about 4 mm long and 2 mm. They have distinctive antennae and move like a snail. They have a rounded shell when viewed from the side. Could they be baby nessarius snails? Sorry for bad pictures.

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current livestock is:
1 Yellow watchman goby
1 Firefish
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Royal Gramma
1 Tiger Sand Conch
1 hermit
3 nessarius snails
8 corals, softies and lps
This must not include your hitchhiker list... I'm willing to bet there is colonista or stomatella you are unaware of. I would bet it's that, most likely colonista. If it is nasarius snails, score! But either way, if there's 100 you can see, there's 100 you don't and they are there for good. I don't think any of the possibilities are a major issue. Though some complain about the colonista snails.

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This must not include your hitchhiker list... I'm willing to bet there is colonista or stomatella you are unaware of. I would bet it's that, most likely colonista. If it is nasarius snails, score! But either way, if there's 100 you can see, there's 100 you don't and they are there for good. I don't think any of the possibilities are a major issue. Though some complain about the colonista snails.

Only hitchhiker I have id is a bristle worm, and a micro brittle star.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the "hairs" protruding from underneath a pretty sturdy, complete-looking shell, I'd say Collonista snail. Tiny cousins of trochus, they're great little cleaner-uppers to have around!

~Bruce

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the "hairs" protruding from underneath a pretty sturdy, complete-looking shell, I'd say Collonista snail. Tiny cousins of trochus, they're great little cleaner-uppers to have around!

~Bruce
Thanks for your suggestion. Given the definitive spiral, I will rule out Stomatella and agree that they are likely collonista. They do not have the elongated spiral of the nessarius. As they grow they will be easier to identify and I will update. I appreciate everyone's input!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back