Woot Woot finally added an ATO

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woot Woot just installed a Tunze 3155 osmolator ATO. I must admit filling up the sump manually has been a pain in the you know what but hopefully that is all behind me other then filling the pico tank but at least the main system has it. I have it running out of a 5 gal pail for now but will find a bigger reservoir in due time.
PXL_20210109_014717693.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Talk about confidence and peace of mind with sump maintaining water level !
Good for you and good brand also

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a great addition! Remember that if the vat runs dry the Tunze pump will cavitate after refilling unless you turn it upside down to remove the bubbles. The Pmup doesn't tend to do this. I added a "Low Vat" optical sensor after being barraged at work by Apex emails and texts.

OP
OP
KevPool

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a great addition! Remember that if the vat runs dry the Tunze pump will cavitate after refilling unless you turn it upside down to remove the bubbles. The Pmup doesn't tend to do this. I added a "Low Vat" optical sensor after being barraged at work by Apex emails and texts.
thanks man great idea with the optical. I have a 15 gal tank I am not using right now and was thinking of maybe converting that to a reservoir, but then again I also want to make it into a nano AIO lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back