Work ID Please

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought some mushrooms and Xenias from the LFS. After a really long acclimation period, LFS SG 1.029, I found this guy. I also did a Revive dip for 15min. Any ideas?

Thanks!

E52D77EB-DD42-4934-A233-76092935A962.jpeg
DD129CBC-370D-450F-875A-C15D96FC8542.jpeg

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I’m guessing he’s a bad guy?
Nah, he's more like Deadpool... Ugly, but useful at times.

As mentioned, it is a detritivore, so they can keep your sand and rock clean, but they also tend to take the rap as a murderer because they clean up dead and decaying stuff, which can mean they get found on SPS and Zoas that aren't doing so hot, leading to the belief that they kill coral.

I say keep! I wish I had more bristleworms in my tank... just don't hug one, those little 'hairs' are actually natural fiberglass, and an excellent deterrent against being eaten. Not that a 6-line won't chomp them and get a 'beard' for a couple days.

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, the only negative with these guys is that if you heavily overfeed your tank, their population explodes! Good for the tank because they keep the nasties out, but can be unsightly, and can sting the **** out of your fingers if you're not careful. In general should be wearing gloves when working in a tank because of so many unknows, but in practice, most of us usually dont. If it gets too bad, you can always search for bristle worm traps and find ways to thin out the population.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back