Workbench/Table Over Mixing Station - Need Ideas/advise

  • Thread starter Thread starter sanzz18
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sanzz18

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
532
Reaction score
179
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I need more space to store all the reef tank crap that becomes collected so easily. I want to build a workbench/table over my mixing station. Biggest obstacle I face is being able to easily dump salt into the saltwater bin with a platform built just over the both of my brute bins. I would also need to be able to disconnect and remove the bins from underneath for cleaning. Picture is below. Would appreciate advice with photos if available on how to build what I am looking for.

IMG_1016.jpg
 
No photo to show you, but you could piano hinge the back of your workbench top to swing up out of the way when working underneath. Maybe add a catch to hold it in the up position as well.
Not a bad idea at all. I will have to look up on YouTube or something


If anyone has done this or anything else or has some pictures, post away :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new