OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I previously didnt have them mounted. I wanted the on the wall where they were easy to work on amd out of the way. Water flow is right to left. Have Three seduiment including carbon. Then two 75gpd membranes, one's waste feeding the second. From there, into the second setup, which has three cans of DI resin amd one empty can. My ppm was at 1 but then dropped to 0. You got any fish you are getting rid of?

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spencer...what are you talking about ??? No pictures no comments of referal Im like Eddie,no clue ?

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spencer...what are you talking about ??? No pictures no comments of referal Im like Eddie,no clue ?
They didn't work for some reason...here they are.
20151021_185118_resized.jpg
20151014_194706_resized.jpg

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the rock in and salinity is correct... having a little bit of an algae bloom growing (while cycling) right now...which may be good if I buy a tang to put in there. :)

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All i can add to this is wow. No sure whats going on here. Would advise against putting a tang anywhere near that setup. What are all the other parameters sitting at?

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saying wow means nothing without some kind of information following it. Your post is nothing but a complaint but you dont even say what you think is wrong.

Last edited:

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow to the fact that you have a crazy RO/DI set up going on and another wow for wanting to add a tang to a tub of rock because there is some algae growing in it. You dont want to add a tang or any fish to a tank that is cycling, they are just going to die. Would also be nice to see what your other parameters are. You say SG is good but what level are you running that at? Also what are you doing to filter that water in the tub to keep it clean? You have to understand you have to fill in a lot of blanks here on your story and what you are doing.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept many tangs for many years and have never had one get sick. Keeping tangs isnt rocket science. Consistency is important, and that they have good food and hiding places. Salinity is a pretty flexible thing, as long as there are no rapid changes.

One thing I will not do is ise a damsel to cycle a tank. I hate damsels and clowns. One small tang will be fine in it for cycling, because one small fish in 150g isnt going to create much of a spike in ammonia anyway, even if it hasnt cycled. Cycling a tank isnt rocket science either. Its been set up for about 3 months now, with salt for one.

Ryan15236

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry but I am kind of confused as well. Are you just cycling wrong in that tub to place in a tank or are you using that tub as like your tank? Like when you say 150 gallons is that a tank you intend to transfer everything into or is that the size of the tub?

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will eventually just be a sump for the display tank, but for now, I am going to go ahead and get some fish and let them grow bigger first. It's a lot easier to pump fish full of food when you don't have any corals in the tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back