World cup 2018 thread!

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe we're three days into the World Cup and I haven't seen a word on Reef2reef about it! :D
So, what do you think. Who's gonna win? Which are the best players? What's your team? :)

(Football(soccer) World Cup) ;)

/ David

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mexico was surprising. They were able to execute to the end. Surprising
Really like those games, underdogs who beats the favourites. Was a great game yesterday where Iceland got 1-1 against Argentina. The Iceland players are fighting like crazy.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like those games, underdogs who beats the favourites. Was a great game yesterday where Iceland got 1-1 against Argentina. The Iceland players are fighting like crazy.

You should comment on. switzerland/Brazil

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should comment on. switzerland/Brazil
Also a surprise. I thought Brazil started well. Always a pleasure watching Brazil when they are playing well. But Switzerland has proved to be hard to beat in the last world and euro cups.
I think it's harder to get easy wins nowadays for the favourites. The other teams getting closer.

But for me as a former player I just love to watch the best players, therefore I really like to see teams like Brazil and Germany when they play their best games. So I'm a bit disappointed so far. Also thought Argentina would do better. Ronaldo in Portugal has been the only superstar who has delivered so far :)

Of course I hope Sweden will do well, but we don't have the best generation players right now. Hopefully we'll do a good game against South Korea tomorrow and start the tournament with three points :)

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been happy with the games I seen so far. Very good games and hard battles going on. Hard to tell who going all the way but I like the looks of Portugal, German, and Mexico so far

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm German to the core and my oldest brother and sister were born in Hamburg.

But... I've always loved to watch Neymar... :)

For me it's too soon to get fully into the World Cup.

marioensf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been up very early to watch the games; fell asleep during the first half of Arg vs Ice to this time I have not seen both goals.
Today’s upset, Ger vs Mx is surprising but get this; Mexico has a tendency to play great against big teams and then somehow they manage to mess up vs not so “complicated” rivals. They can play some of the best games of the tournament. There’s always a first time for many things and in football at a WC level, Mexico got its first win against Germany and Germany its first defeat vs Mexico.
I still think Germany will take the top honor at the last match.
I’ve rooted for Germany for a long time, I like the way they play football; that’s my type of game and I’m not German.
France vs Australia to my taste was a bit boring but the others were good; although not an exact upset but sure felt like it, Iceland and just a while ago, Brasil vs Switzerland might turn tables for the penta-campeao’s aspirations.
I’m glad technology found its way into football, history shows there was a need for it but I think cameras are still needed right at the goal posts.

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad start so far IMO. Im Brazilian, so Im very dissapointed. I dont think Brazil will take it, but I at least expected them to do much better. The beginning of the cup is very tough as great teams lose and go home before they can get everyone on the same page.

Iceland, Switzerland played great. Germany losing was a surprise, but expect them to change pace over the next games.

Portugal and Mexico are doing great, I wish Portugal wins this time, they really deserve it.
If Mexico won I would be happy too

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm German to the core and my oldest brother and sister were born in Hamburg.

Also lived in Hamburg, Altona.

Hamburg-Altona is where my family is from.

I like to go to the port, eat some fresh fisch from the street vendors (+ a cold beer), and watch the ships come in. There is an awesome coffee shop near the old port (where the haunted dungeon is). Love that city and don't get to visit as much as I'd like.

Go Germany. Mexico game was a disappointment, but it ain't over till its over.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fan of the shiners on a toothpick ;Blackeye
Sunday mornings leaving the Reeperbahn always smelled like fish n beers :D

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back