WORLD REEF CONFERENCE 09 in October

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yep...just can back from a long meeting and it's a lock. We will be having a very LARGE, very SPECIAL program scheduled for Oct 3 and 4th at the Donald E. Stephen's Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill. (located just outside of the city of Chicago) Those attending the 2 day event will get unbelievable access to the Backer show on Sunday ...you will be able to see the newest cutting edge technology available for this hobby well in advance of it's release. The workshops being planned and the speakers will keep you busy and learning. The raffle we are planning will knock your socks off. We are negotiating for special hotel rates ... www.worldreefconference.com

I have a list of clubs that I will be contacting....but in the mean time if you would be interested in attending or being a seller at this venue, please feel free to contact me via PM. Sellers and buyers...this is a NOT TO BE MISSED OPPORTUNITY. Thanks, and hope to see you there...Nina

Here is the press release from the event.

PRESS RELEASE

World Reef Conference and Midwest Frag Fest to Co-Locate with Backer's Pet Industry Christmas Trade Show

CHICAGO, Ill. (May 1, 2009)--The Chicago Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS) and H.H. Backer Associates today announced plans to co-locate their events at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont (Chicago), Ill., in October 2009.

CMAS's World Reef Conference and Midwest Frag Fest will be held on Saturday, October 3 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Sunday, October 4 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the hall adjacent to Backer's aquatics trade hall.

Backer's 43rd Annual Pet Industry Christmas Trade Show and Educational Conference will be held on Friday and Saturday, October 2-3, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Sunday, October 4 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The World Reef Conference will feature a Frag Fest with smaller tabletop-type displays, cutting edge aquatic reef-related seminars and workshops, a frag swap, auction and a major aquatic prize raffle. In addition, attendees will be able to take a special behind-the-scenes tour of the world-renowned Shedd Aquarium in downtown Chicago.

Registered attendees of the World Reef Conference may visit Backer's larger aquatics hall as guests on Sunday, October 4 only. In addition, Backer's retail trade attendees may visit the World Reef Conference on Sunday, October 4 only.

"We're pleased to be working with CMAS to bring this great event to Chicago," said Colette Fairchild, CEM, CMP, Trade Show Director of H.H. Backer Associates. "The idea seemed like a natural fit because it offers a wider variety of exhibits and events that will appeal to serious hobbyists and retail aquatic attendees alike," she added.

CMAS President Boyd Corbett noted that his organization has more than 1,400 registered local saltwater enthusiasts that may attend the event, especially with a major frag fest planned.

"CMAS is excited to have the opportunity to present our World Reef Conference at the same time and location as Backer's 43rd Annual Pet Industry Show. Since the Backer show is one of the most important pet industry events of the year, attendees and vendors for both events will have the opportunity to network and share expertise not available at any other aquatic event," Corbett said.

Fairchild and Corbett said a reciprocal discount will be available for vendors that exhibit in both events. "It's a great way for vendors to reach both market segments and save money on exhibition and travel expenses versus attending two separate events, especially in challenging economic times," Fairchild said.

For information on attending or exhibiting at the World Reef Conference, contact Boyd Corbett, CMAS president, at [email protected] or 847-421-2413. For information on exhibiting in the Backer show, contact Julie Wichert at H.H. Backer Associates ([email protected]; 312-578-1818).

Additional information on both shows, including hotel and travel information, speakers and other events will be available online at www.worldreefconference.com and www.hhbacker.com beginning June 15, 2009.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back