• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WORLD WIDE CORALS. BEWARE

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

TroyMusil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEWARE!!
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of ordering from WORLD WIDE CORALS. I just received my first, and last order from them (today).
Started with a super simple pulsing Xenia and after paying over 50 bucks I had to go pick up the package from FedEx and the coral has multiple heads that have fallen off and a cracked frag rock, coral is barley holding on (if its even alive still). I will try to save it but should just send a quality product overall. This is a very hardy species so not sure if I just got unlucky and received a dead coral or if it was just careless packing and shipping.
I contacted them and they were very unhelpful and could care less, literally one email about how they didin't want to leave package in the sun, yet my front door is under the cover of a 5 story building.
All in all, super bummed! My third online vendor and the worse by far, just a fair warning to anyone looking to order corals online.
BEWARE!!
@WWC #WORLDWIDECORALS

Last edited by a moderator:

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEWARE!!
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of ordering from WORLD WIDE CORALS. I just received my first, and last order from them (today).
Started with a super simple pulsing Xenia and after paying over 50 bucks I had to go pick up the package from FedEx and the coral has multiple heads that have fallen off and a cracked frag rock, coral is barley holding on (if its even alive still). I will try to save it but should just send a quality product overall. This is a very hardy species so not sure if I just got unlucky and received a dead coral or if it was just careless packing and shipping.
I contacted them and they were very unhelpful and could care less, literally one email about how they didin't want to leave package in the sun, yet my front door is under the cover of a 5 story building.
All in all, super bummed! My third online vendor and the worse by far, just a fair warning to anyone looking to order corals online.
BEWARE!!
@WWC #WORLDWIDECORALS

So very sorry, I know how frustrating this can be. But that said, I'm not sure how this has anything to do with us. I hope you understand, but this was an issue between you and FedEx. We did all we could to make sure that package arrives to you in the best of condition, but once it leaves our hand there isn't much we can do.

You live in a closed apartment complex and if FedEx cannot do so during that specific time that's unfortunately on you as you weren't available to let them in. Due to company policy, FedEx will not leave a package unprotected in a public location. Put yourself in their shoes, as if the box is left out front sitting in front of the complex, anyone walking by could potentially take off with the package. FedEx is then responsible for a stolen package. They don't want that on their hands. For full details, please see the attached scans from FedEx.

In regards to coral you eventually received. Xenia are very sensitive shippers and as such the extra 6 or so hours in a bag will do them harm (between when FedEx attempted to drop it off and the time you went to pick it up).

We will be happy to replace the coral, but in this case it seems as you are so unhappy no matter the situation we will be happy to refund you. The choice is yours. Just let me know and I will make it happen.

All the best to you and your reefing experience :)

Chris Turnier
Web Manager

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 8.54.34 AM.png

OP
OP
TroyMusil

TroyMusil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So very sorry, I know how frustrating this can be. But that said, I'm not sure how this has anything to do with us. I hope you understand, but this was an issue between you and FedEx. We did all we could to make sure that package arrives to you in the best of condition, but once it leaves our hand there isn't much we can do.

You live in a closed apartment complex and if FedEx cannot do so during that specific time that's unfortunately on you as you weren't available to let them in. Due to company policy, FedEx will not leave a package unprotected in a public location. Put yourself in their shoes, as if the box is left out front sitting in front of the complex, anyone walking by could potentially take off with the package. FedEx is then responsible for a stolen package. They don't want that on their hands. For full details, please see the attached scans from FedEx.

In regards to coral you eventually received. Xenia are very sensitive shippers and as such the extra 6 or so hours in a bag will do them harm (between when FedEx attempted to drop it off and the time you went to pick it up).

We will be happy to replace the coral, but in this case it seems as you are so unhappy no matter the situation we will be happy to refund you. The choice is yours. Just let me know and I will make it happen.

All the best to you and your reefing experience :)

Chris Turnier
Web Manager

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 8.54.34 AM.png

A few hours extra should not make such a drastic difference in the overall health of a coral. That leads me to believe it was who sent it, not FedEx. Although it sounds like you would really like to pass the blame to anything but yourself and not take any self responsibility which is additionally off-putting. That is the easy thing to do.
You emailed saying it is FedEx fault and out of your responsibility. You want more pictures of the coral, just to get a refund for Coral and not refunded for shipping. Of course on here you are being super nice and saying you will give me a full refund.
I was totally going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but with your contradicting message and email and you pointing the finger at everything but yourself I have changed my mind.

So with everything in mind, you can keep the 25 dollars for the coral, the 25 dollars for the shipping (which you keep either way) and I will never do business again with you.

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry that you feel that way, but as I stated, we will refund the entire amount.

Our emails will always be responded to with a standard response when a customer reports that there is a problem with a coral. It is company /industry policy to request a photo on any claim.

I have made a executive decision in this part as you are so unhappy about a situation out of our control.

Happy 4th!

Chris Turnier

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back