Worm ID? Looks like an earthworm!!

ZzyzxRiver

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,170
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found in my filter floss, but I’ve never seen anything like it before in my tank. Keep it or remove it?
IMG_5322.jpeg
 
Ok well apparently it’s a bristleworm? I have never seen one on my tank before. I put it back in and my engineer goby shot out and swallowed it—then spit it up, swallowed it again, several times in a row. It looked like an unpleasant experience. Is it going to die?
 
A lot of fish do eat bristle worms we use a local species as bait when fishing striped bass. So I'd bet your fish will be fine but the fish medics would know better.
 
I'm late, but yeah, a bristleworm of some kind (I can't see the head and parts where the bristles come out well enough in the pics to offer an ID beyond that); the goby will probably be fine, but keep an eye out for any bristles sticking out, infections, or symptoms/other issues.
 
I'm late, but yeah, a bristleworm of some kind (I can't see the head and parts where the bristles come out well enough in the pics to offer an ID beyond that); the goby will probably be fine, but keep an eye out for any bristles sticking out, infections, or symptoms/other issues.
the only issue is how dramatic I am, apparently. The goby is fine!

Tank is maturing 👍 Good on you for not freaking out and removing it like so many do when they see something creepy.
I see something creepy and I rush to r2r in excitement! Hitchhikers are one of the most interesting parts of this hobby, IMO.
 
the only issue is how dramatic I am, apparently. The goby is fine!


I see something creepy and I rush to r2r in excitement! Hitchhikers are one of the most interesting parts of this hobby, IMO.
Same. I got my first shipment of ocean rock when I started over 10 years ago. I was so excited I texted my Gal to tell her a little octopus had hitchhiked along. But it was just a big brittle star 🤣
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new