Worm in sandbed identification

johnf3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2023
Messages
77
Reaction score
31
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been setting up a small NPS tank with my Fluval Evo 13.5 and recently noticed a small red object in the sand bed. At first I thought it was just a left over piece of Gracillaria or something but I took a closer look earlier because I noticed it had moved and realized it has lots of little tentacles and is moving! Reminds me of a spaghetti worm but it is orange with maroon colored center.
Curious if anyone knows what this is?

Thanks
JF
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2985.MOV
    38.7 MB
Here’s a link if video isn’t working:
 
Alright thanks! That was my first thought. I have one in another tank but it’s white. Cool too see a colorful one!
 
Alright thanks! That was my first thought. I have one in another tank but it’s white. Cool too see a colorful one!
i wish mine were white so they’d be less noticeable love cleanup crew and micro fauna but these guys don’t look good in comparison to my sand : (
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new