Worm looking thing on St. Thomas Mushroom

gabriellar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2025
Messages
183
Reaction score
88
Location
illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I found this worm looking thing attached to the bottom of St. Thomas mushroom. Tried to pull off but it doesn’t seem to come off. Wanna ask if this is something I should get rid off or if this is part of the mushroom?

IMG_3436.jpeg
 
That is part of the mushroom, its "guts". Looks like you pulled the shroom off a rock and ripped the foot, exposing the insides
 
That is part of the mushroom, its "guts". Looks like you pulled the shroom off a rock and ripped the foot, exposing the insides
Omg 😱 I hope I didn’t pull too hard on it just now… can it grow back by chance? I just got it from a LFT.
 
Omg 😱 I hope I didn’t pull too hard on it just now… can it grow back by chance? I just got it from a LFT.
I don't know if mushrooms can properly die, so it should be fine. They are invulnerable IMO. (Only half kiding.....I
ve purposefully tried killing off mine a few times....nothing that "should work" works. Of course I wasn't trying to kill the rest of the tank, so that limited what I could try....
 
Omg 😱 I hope I didn’t pull too hard on it just now… can it grow back by chance? I just got it from a LFT.
It'll be fine, they are very hardy! Make sure it's attached to some rubble before you put it where you'd like so it doesn't float away in your tank
 
I don't know if mushrooms can properly die, so it should be fine. They are invulnerable IMO. (Only half kiding.....I
ve purposefully tried killing off mine a few times....nothing that "should work" works. Of course I wasn't trying to kill the rest of the tank, so that limited what I could try....
That’s good to know 😂
 
It'll be fine, they are very hardy! Make sure it's attached to some rubble before you put it where you'd like so it doesn't float away in your tank
Makes sense! Thanks a lot!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new