Worming and rubber leaching

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was chatting with a guy on a YouTube video about a moorish idol he said he fed 6-8 times a day so I asked what his parameters were like feeding that often out of curiosity. After a brief discussion he told me that worming was a must to keep it healthy. I know moorish idols eat sponges and have been seen eating bristelworms so does that just mean adding worms to the tank for it to eat?
Also, he mentioned he had a tank crash due to runner leaching from a well know brand of powerheads. Has anyone ever heard of that because I couldn't find anything when I Google it.
BTW, I'm not getting a moorish idol for anyone who is worried I was just curious as to what that meant

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just always heard de-worming. Thanks for your response
Same here. Deworming, not worming. My brother in law owns a dairy farm, he never says they are worming the herd, but does say once a year they are deworming the herd(or just the calf's actually)

And I'm pretty sure I know the thread about plastics leeching. I call complete BS on that one as many others would have the same issue with these powerheads(very widely used in the hobby) myself included, yet no one does except for this one person.

OP
OP
K

keithw283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. Deworming, not worming. My brother in law owns a dairy farm, he never says they are worming the herd, but does say once a year they are deworming the herd(or just the calf's actually)

And I'm pretty sure I know the thread about plastics leeching. I call complete BS on that one as many others would have the same issue with these powerheads(very widely used in the hobby) myself included, yet no one does except for this one person.
This guy said it was rubber leaching. And he didn't say which brand. He literally said "a well known brand." It was also in the comment section on a YouTube video. But I agree that I feel I should have been able to Google it and find at least one person talking about it. Also, I'm not trying to start an argument of worming vs de-worming I just was wondering what he meant by that.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back