Worms

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark Gray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
2,960
Reaction score
2,793
Location
Athens GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone I see a lot of posts with people that have bristle worms and other worms in their tanks. What I want to know is did they come with your rock? I used dry rock I did put live sand in but I don't think I have any worms in there
 
What kind of live sand? I used dry rock in one tank and have had zero bristles, but the moment you add a coral or something similar, you'll probably introduce a worm. Sometimes they can even come on your fish.
 
What kind of live sand? I used dry rock in one tank and have had zero bristles, but the moment you add a coral or something similar, you'll probably introduce a worm. Sometimes they can even come on your fish.
Really I never saw any in my old tanks, I just set this old 55 up about 3 months ago doing well I put in Caribsea bagged sand
 
I wouldnt think that type of sand would bring in any worms.

Years ago my LFS had live sand in a huge vat and that stuff had worms and what not.
 
I was under the impression bristle worms are good to have. They scavenge leftover foods (if your like me and over do the mysis lol). I got tons of them in my tanks... biggest is around 4 inches now. It all came from my live rock. I don't remove any worms from my tanks. Between crabs and fish eating them, I figured it's a free natural diet.
 
I made the kid at the lfs give me the really funky chato from the bottom their fuge. (we did suggest he grab gloves) I floated the chato in a hamster ball and watched the worms drop out all over the tank.
But yes Ive gotten them from live rock too.
 
I guess I will see if I can get some from my LFS I know there are none this tank yet I think I might need a few lol can't be to bad to eat any extra food
 
I was under the impression bristle worms are good to have. They scavenge leftover foods (if your like me and over do the mysis lol). I got tons of them in my tanks... biggest is around 4 inches now. It all came from my live rock. I don't remove any worms from my tanks. Between crabs and fish eating them, I figured it's a free natural diet.

What do you have that eats them? Everything I've read about adding has a downside with something else already in my tank.
 
I have a sailfin tang, foxface, clowns and azure damsels. They all pick at the live rock... I'm sure some have been eaten.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new