Worried

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Nitrates are extremely high. I had 5 gallons of water and did a exchange. The tank is 65 gallons. Everything looks ok but my big clownfish is swimming at the top. He has been doing that all night . I have had him for 3 years. The nitrate with the API is 80 ppm. As soon as store open I will change water. I transitioned my animals to a new tank or at least the store owner did. My nitrates have never been that high. Is there a quick fix? Is that why my clown fish is swimming at the top? The little bitty clown fish is acting normal.

patrick886

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you found out what is causing the nitrate spike? Not sure about the bigger clown though. Most of the time fish is more resistant to nitrate than the corals in my opinion.

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The owner of the pet store transferred my fish from an old 92 gallon to a 65 gallon. He used some of my old water. All I can think is that the old water had high nitrate levels.

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would make a clownfish go to the top and stay there for hours?

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I have not dosed carbon with he is till at the top, Could increased nitrates make him do that?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.7%
Back