would any one be interested in some captive propagated BTAs?

Jason Briggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems are tough. I have 4 rbtas sitting waiting for a home for the last 6 months. My price is $40, still no home! Your best bet is to find a sunburst or a cherry corals nem or some other high end nem. start small with some expensive stuff and you should always have a buyer.

Pics of the BTA's? I'd be interested for sure!

REEF911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM me when you get your system dialed in and hopefully by that time my orange goblin will be split

REEF911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange goblin under 20k radium no blue LEDs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 197
OP
OP
mochaclownlover

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
frag tank 2 061.jpg
still cycling
frag tank 2 064.jpg
The new light(54 watts) and a DIY surface skimmer
frag tank 2 062.jpg
frag tank 2 063.jpg
A stag horn coral i collected from the keys, wasn't doing to well in my main tank so i stuck it here and it's thriving so far.
Won't be long now...... just over a month then FINALLY i can start adding nems if all parameters are in check.

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! You should look into what is legal and illegal to collect in Florida.

In the state of Florida there are specific rules governing the commercial, nonlethal harvest of marine life. Throughout the state of Florida the collection of stony corals, fire corals, and the octocorals Gorgonia flabellum and G. ventalina (common sea-fans) is prohibited. The collection of octocoral species is restricted. The harvest of live-rock, substrate with living organisms attached, is illegal unless harvested at a licensed aquaculture area. Additionally, any harvest of the long-spined sea urchin, Diadema antillarum, is prohibited.

Keiki

AKA LACY ON RC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the state of Florida there are specific rules governing the commercial, nonlethal harvest of marine life. Throughout the state of Florida the collection of stony corals, fire corals, and the octocorals Gorgonia flabellum and G. ventalina (common sea-fans) is prohibited. The collection of octocoral species is restricted. The harvest of live-rock, substrate with living organisms attached, is illegal unless harvested at a licensed aquaculture area. Additionally, any harvest of the long-spined sea urchin, Diadema antillarum, is prohibited.

Not sure why you copied and pasted some of the Florida regs and addressed it to me. I was telling mochaclownlove that he needs to look into what can be legally collected. Even in the reg you pasted it says that the collection of stony corals are illegal to collect. Staghorn coral which happens to be a threatened species is a stony coral. Now go back and look at what he posted under his last picture. "A stag horn coral i collected from the keys,..." That is what I was referring to.

OP
OP
mochaclownlover

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
went and FINALLY got some BTAs, but i found out the next day that he had a hole going all the way through his foot:eek: I decided the best thing to do was frag it. I did end up losing one half ,but thankfully the other half lived and is doing well. it's going to take a little longer than i thought before i can start fragging:(
nem after frag 002.jpg
nem after frag 001.jpg

James w Lewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just found out I can't sell the nems with out a aquaculture license,which is $100:(
I will still start the tank and start fragging, but I can't sell to the public without that license

crap, just sell them here. Screw those liberal idiots and their license

Back