would it be best to mix these treatments

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iv got a coral beauty that after got out copper treatment and put into main tank" has a small lump under jaw that over last week has got rubbed and much bigger with white like wool/fungal around lump know" was feeding ok but know its much bigger and don't take food"

iv put into QT 30ltr and put some kanaplex in tank! would you also put some furan 2 in with the kanaplex ? or just use the kanaplex

Spar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iv got a coral beauty that after got out copper treatment and put into main tank" has a small lump under jaw that over last week has got rubbed and much bigger with white like wool/fungal around lump know" was feeding ok but know its much bigger and don't take food"

iv put into QT 30ltr and put some kanaplex in tank! would you also put some furan 2 in with the kanaplex ? or just use the kanaplex
Yes, for maximum effectiveness you should dose both Kanaplex and Furan-2 at the same time. I have done this many times without issue.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True fungal infections are rare in saltwater fish. If the growth is "cottony" looking, it may be lympho. It happens with some frequency, especially when a fish's immune system is lowered, like during copper treatment which is after all a poison. Lympho is a harmless virus. Just watch to see that it doesn't interfere with eating or breathing. Best treatment for lympho is pristine water conditions and very high quality mix of foods and a vitamin supplement like Selcon, etc.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back