Would love your thoughts on a rescape!

TheWackyWiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my 20g AOI up and running for ~10mos now. It is very much a low tech, what ever grows or hitchhikes in stays type of set up. Which got me thinking about changing up my scape and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Current Scape
Current Tank.jpg

What I am thinking
new hardscape.png

I have some additional pieces of cured reefrock and some pieces of really old dead coral that I have been soaking in RO/DI (changed out ever couple of weeks) for ~2 months. The thought is I would create an additional island in the corner here. The Toadstool would move down to the background of that island so the crown peaks over the top. I would also move the zoas over and try to get them to grow up on the coral skeleton. The only issue I see is this is a bit of a dead spot in my tank so I would also add a small power head over near the rock flowers to move water past this spot.

What do yall think? Totally open to other ideas.

Airedale.Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't seem like you are changing your aquascape, but just adding a few more pieces of rock/coral.

Based on the picture, an easy way to change your scape without making too many changes would be to separate the two large rocks from each other. Essentially, this should help you achieve the Island effect and provide an actual channel for your fish. You could surround the islands with these other rocks or coral pieces as you see fit.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 181 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back