Would sps be ok for 48hrs in one of these insulated transports?

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone has used them and about how long they'll keep temps?
1000005254.jpg

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any insulation so I don't think it will hold temperature for any length of time. You would still need a styrofoam box and a heating pack to maintain temperature in winter.

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any insulation so I don't think it will hold temperature for any length of time. You would still need a styrofoam box and a heating pack to maintain temperature in winter.
It's a double wall vacuum insulated container. It's essentially a tiny thermos designed for coral transport. Also I'm flying with it, so it will never be exposed to below room temp.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will help but I think you still need some heat, and you need something to retain that heat. In mild temperatures it would probably work. A thermos will not hold temperature for 48 hours.

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The insulation is inside the body of the canister.

It’s the same as the Hydroflasks that can keep my coffee 170 degrees for hours. Will it hold 75 degrees for 48hrs? Depends on ambient temps, but it would probably be as good as syro box and heat packs. If it’s sent in an insulated box, and is essentially kept inside during shipping, it should be able to hold temp.

If during shipping, it gets left outside of the airline cargo for hours in 20 degree temps, all the styrofoam and heat packs in the world aren’t going to help.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back