Would temp spike to 82.5 kill a clam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter authentic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
dang, sorry for the loss. Id say no off hand as ive had some temp boo boos, but it would imo be clam and specific clam health that would be an issue. I am by no means a clam expert. but many do come from very high heat. captivity likely changes that
 
I would venture into saying no based off of the spawning techniques used to induce in maricultured clams. Some of the techniques include leaving the clam exposed basically baking in the hot sun followed by thermal shock of placing it back in water. 82 degrees really isn't that high.
 
Well I found some crabs digging out the meat this morning looks like they may have ganged up on it

Big bummer, what type of clam was it?
I have run my tank higher than 82 F with clams without obvious detrimental affect.
Crabs and shrimp and bristleworms seems to be able to detect a dying clam and move it for the clean up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new