Would these lights work well for growing phytoplankton?

Second the window sill....
IMG_0617.jpeg
 
I grow my Nanno in a window in my garage and it’s never done better. I always had trouble with it under LEDs in the house but growing it in the sun seems to have made the cultures bulletproof.
 
Yea sunlight seems to work well

I had mine just sitting in my back yard when it was warm outside
How do you ensure that the photo is kept suspended? Do you run a long power cable through your yard for the air pump?
 
How do you ensure that the photo is kept suspended? Do you run a long power cable through your yard for the air pump?
I have plug outside. Installed one for yard work
I just had a regular old air pump in those water proofing boxes for outdoor lighting installations
Had a bunch of them so botched one together

Idk what happened but after a few months during winter it got messed up but
it worked well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new