Would this modem work

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the only modem that I have in the house will it work ..or should a buy another one. Want to use it on apex Jr
20180114_195154.jpg

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why not, you can always run an Ethernet cord right from it into the apex if it doesn't pick up wifi.

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need more information. I'll assume that you already have internet service and wi-fi in your house. One option is to run an Ethernet hard line from the Apex Jr. to your existing modem/router. Or get a wi-fi extender with an Ethernet port. Connect the wi-fi extender to your wi-fi network, then plug the Apex Jr. into the extender.

Extender from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-EX27...-3&keywords=wi-fi+extender+with+ethernet+port

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i have comcast and wifi i do have. running a hard wire wont work long term be cause it would be in a walk way. ideally wifi would be better. i can order that extender just didnt know if that modem/router would work

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i have comcast and wifi i do have. running a hard wire wont work long term be cause it would be in a walk way. ideally wifi would be better. i can order that extender just didnt know if that modem/router would work
That's a cable modem which will need a cable internet hard connection. If there's line there already, or the cable company runs one, then that modem will work.

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry i didnt explained better i have a modem that is running my wifi and internet right now. the one in the picture is just one i have laying around the house. i guess the question should have been can i use it as a bridge between the 2

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry i didnt explained better i have a modem that is running my wifi and internet right now. the one in the picture is just one i have laying around the house. i guess the question should have been can i use it as a bridge between the 2
No it will not. Need an extender.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back