Would this old EB4 work with the newer Apex brain?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pledosophy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pledosophy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
422
Reaction score
291
Location
Long Beach, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an EB832 that needs to go to repair. Can I just plug in this old EB4 to run my lights, skimmer, and UV while my EB832 is out for repair? Just wondering if it is compatible with the newer tech (A3 Apex Pro) Probefore I dig it out and mess with all of it.

Any obstacles when hooking up, or plug and play :fingers crossed:

1668017082690.png
 
Yes, fully compatible. You won't get current readings per outlet, but will be able to program each outlet on/off just like with the EB832.
 
Yes, fully compatible. You won't get current readings per outlet, but will be able to program each outlet on/off just like with the EB832.
Glorious!!!

I went and got my box to ship the EB832 over to you. I'm hoping to get it pulled out and in the mail in the next couple days. Really appreciate your help.
 
Yes, fully compatible. You won't get current readings per outlet, but will be able to program each outlet on/off just like with the EB832.
Do you know if you have to do something to get the new EB4 to show up?

I plugged it all in, but it doesn't read in fusion. Still shows the EB8, which is now in a box by my door.

Do I need to do something to reset the brain unit?

Luckily everything was defaulted to on, so at least everything is running now.
 
Do you know if you have to do something to get the new EB4 to show up?

I plugged it all in, but it doesn't read in fusion. Still shows the EB8, which is now in a box by my door.

Do I need to do something to reset the brain unit?

Luckily everything was defaulted to on, so at least everything is running now.
Make sure they are not hidden in the apex interface.
 
I had these hidden after installing the EB4.

None of them seem to control anything.

I am so lost. Thank you for taking pity on me and helping me out. lol

1668054822450.png
 
Go into modules settings and see if your EB4 shows up in the list of modules.
 
Then you either have a problem with the head unit or the EB4 :)
Given that you have an EB8 successfully connected, my bet is that the EB4 is not working.
Obviously, make sure that the EB4 is not only connected to the head unit over aquabus but is also plugged into the wall.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new