Would you buy a broken 350g tank?

soggytees

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2014
Messages
539
Reaction score
146
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...for $175? I saw it today at a LFS in a city not too far from me. The bottom is busted...it's an all glass peninsula tank. The owner said he is just trying to move it. I'm wondering if I could replace the bottom pane inexpensively and have a nice upgrade! :D ...or is this wishful thinking?
 
Only if you could take all the pieces of glass apart and start over.
 
Define inexpensive? Lol

The price of glass has skyrocketed over the last couple of years. Depending on the dimensions and thickness I would guess it would be upwards of $500 or so just for that one piece. Then you have to factor in your time into fixing it. It's a lot of work but it could be done.
 
Hmm...the more I think about it, the more it sounds like it may be more work than it's worth. ...I would also have to find a way to bribe the wife for an upgrade, so...sounds like I should probably pass on this one. :squigglemouth: Thanks for the input, guys!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new