Large Tank Deal - would you take it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bupharm12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bupharm12

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
9
Location
League City
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I currently have a 120g mixed reef that’s been setup for just over a year. I was just recently offered a 72 x 24(w) x 34 (h) tank for free if I can move it. It was an in-wall tank built with a house and is now empty in the garage. The guy said it’s thick (probably 3/4 inch glass) and obviously heavy. Comes with sump and plumbing. The drive is about 70 miles from my house through Houston.

Space for the tank is not an issue and I wouldn’t set up probably for a while so it only needs to make it to my garage for now.

Would you guys take it? I’m trying to figure out if we could move it on a rental equipment trailer? Or do I need to rent a truck with a tailgate lift? I will have 1-2 other guys so lifting needs to be minimized. Would be rolled on multiple furniture dollies. The offer surprised me but I’m a little overwhelmed trying to plan logistics and if it’s worth the trouble. I appreciate any advice.
 
If I was younger and the tank was in good shape yes. I was givin a tank for free once cause the owner simply didn't want it anymore. I kept it running for a few years
 
If you can make trip I would take it. I drove 3 hours from Las Cruces to Albuquerque NM to pick up a 180 gallons ( 72x 24x24) in a Cherokee Jeep
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new