Would you guys feel confident shipping in high temps?

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it is pretty warm here and I am supposed to ship out a few packages I really do not want to ship when it is this hot. Should everything be fine or am I just being paranoid? Ambient room temp is around 87.

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ship overnight in that temp.you can get some cold packs and wrap them in paper.I say about 90 is the point where you really need to add the cold packs and hold the package at the delivery office.

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes
I have had my tank at 87 with no losses due to a broke heater.What is the temp where it is going?

OP
OP
patedship

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to talk to everyone except for one person, everyone said that they would like to hold off on shipping as well. I gave the one person an hour to contact me before I do not ship does that sound fair?

illcssd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this same dillema, i am supposed to ship today and it is about 85 degrees here. I am worried.

OP
OP
patedship

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I would really prefer not to ship in this weather. The temp will drop in a few days but I understand that people want the frags that they paid for.

illcssd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our weather is supposed to cool down to, by tommorow or the next day, and i am shipping sps which i really don't want to get fried.

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was shipped a couple items, a couple of days ago, last wednesday, from down in the keys. They had 90 degree weather and he still shipped. No cold pack at all and it cam here fine. The temps last week were really high but everything made it all right.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing you have to remember is the most of the travel time will be at night and here in Michigan it is getting down to 40's at night. I sure in other areas in the south it is a bit hotter at night but I wouldn't worry about shipping right now, myself anyway. If you think about it that is only 7 degree difference between your tank and the air temp......Once pulled out of the tank I'm sure the water has an initial drop in temp and then begins to rise again......

OP
OP
patedship

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its cool man, the temps dropped a lot so I ended up shipping a package out. His local temps at the time were in the lower 70's.

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I look at it if my temps are high and where I am shipping is in the 70's I will take it late in the afternoon.It will go straight to the airport in the afternoons cooler temps and most of the time be delivered by 10 or 12 the next day.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back