Would you guys feel confident shipping in high temps?

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think the package will be fine, its supposed to get down into the lower 50's tonight. so as long as it doesn't sit on the tarmac in michigan in the late afternoon too long, the weather is actually pretty mild and ideal conditions.

OP
OP
patedship

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I didnt drop it off until 5:30 and by then temps had dropped to about 80 at the most. And in VA the current temp was 74 so all in all I think I was just freaking out about someones corals dying.

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone should write a script that pulls data from weather.com on to and from zip codes, analyzes a 'best guess' of travel paths/temperatures, then recommends a heat/cool pack accordingly!

:D :D

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone should write a script that pulls data from weather.com on to and from zip codes, analyzes a 'best guess' of travel paths/temperatures, then recommends a heat/cool pack accordingly!

:D :D

hey whodah!

have i mentioned yet that i LOOOOOOVE my fragging kit!! ;)

Enraged

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 10 day forecast maxes out at 70 :( I would love a day of 85!

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 10 day forecast maxes out at 70 :( I would love a day of 85!

wanna trade? ;)

i live up in the mountains, and we rarely get over 90 for maybe only a couple weeks out of the year. if it gets above 80 i feel very uncomfortable in hot weather. humidity is a whole different story which makes it even worse. i would die living in a city further south.

i would LOVE 90 deg weather with a good breeze and zero humidity

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shipped some sps the other day with temps here as high as 89. I still used a small heatpack due to the overnight temps forcast along the travel route. Plus, I sent fedex priority. The cargo bins of aircraft are pressurized, but rarely heated unless there is a "need", so they get pretty cool. Frags went from south georgia to southern california and were in the box for almost 24 hours with zero losses.

I don't think we like to give corals credit for how hardy they really are. In the wild at low tide, I am quite sure that some reefs get quite a bit hotter than 78.

Paul

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add that in the really hot months I will use a cold pack wrapped in newspaper. Cold packs are cheap compared with heatpacks. If you need some, they are sold by uline.com and staples.com.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back