WP-40 Wave on Frag Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter benny z
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
2,415
Reaction score
57
Location
illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a freshwater test fill of my new frag tank today (7' x 4' x 12"), and fired up the single WP-40 in wave mode to try it out. This is the result...

[video=youtube_share;FqEFPMID7Eo]http://youtu.be/FqEFPMID7Eo[/video]
 
yes but don't get caught comparing this to a MP-40...

Also have you seen that Jebae is coming out with RW8 /RW15 and RW25 which seem to have a better flow range and options?
 
Last edited:
I have a wp 40 and these have quite the return current/undertow. At least in an 6' x 18" wide 125g tank. But looking at this says it still does on this width and length. It has excellent flow range IMO. But in his case with a "frag" tank Else mode might be better. Ive had mine over 18 months and it still works like new. They may be turbulent but they are a soft wave. Idk, the wave action seems pretty natural to me. Yet I would be a little concerned that the bounce back weight on the tanks end walls would worry me.
 
I think this was just a demo. I wouldn't run that wave length for long imo. I normally have thw wp 10's on else mode.

Going to be getting the RW8's for the 60 gallon though.
 
I think this was just a demo. I wouldn't run that wave length for long imo. I normally have thw wp 10's on else mode.

Going to be getting the RW8's for the 60 gallon though.

I definitely agree to else mode. I have to say I wish I saw this "demo" before I ordered a second wp40. Haha, I may not need it on my 180g updrade that I'm building.

That sure is a lot of force on those seams though...

Jackie
 
Haha - yeah, just playing with it for fun. I won't rock the wave permanently. Good thing it's not rimless!!! :o :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new