Wrasse’s tail looks like it’s about to fall off!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When i said bite, I kept hewbie out of it but. . . . .

1698345668364.png
IMG_4050.gif

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse’s tail is looking slightly better so I hope it heals without intervention he is still active and eating!
I have not been able to sleep for worrying about the injured wrasse and I am hoping for some more good news regarding the situation?
Happy Birthday GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Has it continued to mend? Thanks.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not been able to sleep for worrying about the injured wrasse and I am hoping for some more good news regarding the situation?
Happy Birthday GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Has it continued to mend? Thanks.
Yes it has thanks for the concern. Also he just extinguished my birthday cake!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It happened again and sadly Mr. Wrasse is a goner! It happened so quickly and I have never seen any aggression so I do wonder if and when it happens what Hewbie is doing if he is the culprit. I know more than likely he is but Mr. Wrasse sleeps all night and almost all day until the lights get turned on when I’m in the room for a few hours. He didn’t eating and was laying on his side. I believe he’s too far gone. I do wonder if the infection could be caused by him rubbing again the rocks/sand when coming up and going back down.
IMG_4800.jpeg
IMG_4805.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the wrasse needs to be moved to a safe house. The new injury looks like a bad bruise with a chip of flesh clipped out. I hope he recovers again but if the wrasse keeps losing flesh eventually it will not be able to heal from the damage. If it is still eating and swimming then it needs to be removed from the Puffers tank, asap.

I had to take some medicine for my back pain this evening and I really feel empathy for the wrasse. The puffer deserves a spanking.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the wrasse needs to be moved to a safe house. The new injury looks like a bad bruise with a chip of flesh clipped out. I hope he recovers again but if the wrasse keeps losing flesh eventually it will not be able to heal from the damage. If it is still eating and swimming then it needs to be removed from the Puffers tank, asap.

I had to take some medicine for my back pain this evening and I really feel empathy for the wrasse. The puffer deserves a spanking.
Sadly he isn’t and I believe it’s a waiting I game. I am a firm believer in treating fish but I don’t think anything I do is going to help him at this point and I can tell just me putting my hands in the tank for a moment stressed him out even more.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the wrasse. How big is Hewbie? In defense of Mr Hewbie, I would think if he bit the wrasses tail, the tail wouldn't have been there anymore? They have a really powerful bite. I saw this first hand when I was feeding my tank one time. I dumped a bunch of frozen food in like I always do, and my porcupine and a fairy wrasse both went after the same piece. My porcupine accidently bit the head right of the wrasse. It was a clean bite, all that was left was the tail end of the wrasse. I don't think my puffer even realized what he did lol.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear about the wrasse. How big is Hewbie? In defense of Mr Hewbie, I would think if he bit the wrasses tail, the tail wouldn't have been there anymore? They have a really powerful bite. I saw this first hand when I was feeding my tank one time. I dumped a bunch of frozen food in like I always do, and my porcupine and a fairy wrasse both went after the same piece. My porcupine accidently bit the head right of the wrasse. It was a clean bite, all that was left was the tail end of the wrasse. I don't think my puffer even realized what he did lol.
I know definitely have thought about that. And he’s around 7 inches.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back