Wrasse behavior..

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It mating season for him? Been doing it the last 3 day constantly... he normally performed one a day... Tia

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's probably displaying for his reflection; letting that "rival male" know it's his territory.

Only problem is, that rival male keeps displaying back...

OP
OP
D

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as he is healthy it can always be mating season. Those kind of displays are common around feeding and in evening.
Yes..... but last 3 days constantly doing it, fish it fine, just some scratches here and there... because hitting coral

OP
OP
D

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's probably displaying for his reflection; letting that "rival male" know it's his territory.

Only problem is, that rival male keeps displaying back...
Anyway to control it? He did thst too much make me headaches to enjoy the tank. Lol

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not really cause for much concern - best to enjoy the show. :)

The only way to lessen it would be to kill the reflection, with something like white paper on the outside of the tank in that area. But that's not really conducive to viewing the tank, either.

OP
OP
D

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The only way to lessen it would be to kill the reflection, with something like white paper on the outside of the tank in that area. But that's not really conducive to viewing the tank, either.
Thankz.

OP
OP
D

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi @evolved . Sorry to bother you... my wrasse again, he become vary aggressive , he constantly roaming half top of tank... if my tang come out to open water he will dart straight to the tang... some time they fight sometimes they chase(they bothhave scratches in their body) . M confused, should i take one out? With 60g cube i try to get 3 more fish, but now this? Can you give some advice. TIA

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bother you
No bother.
my wrasse again, he become vary aggressive , he constantly roaming half top of tank... if my tang come out to open water he will dart straight to the tang
Yeah, that sounds like a problem. Once a fish becomes aggressive, there's not much you can do to change it.
With 60g cube i try to get 3 more fish, but now this? Can you give some advice.
I actually didn't catch the tank size before, or pay much mind to it in the video clip. But really, a 60 isn't big enough for either of these fish.

OP
OP
D

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No bother.

Yeah, that sounds like a problem. Once a fish becomes aggressive, there's not much you can do to change it.

I actually didn't catch the tank size before, or pay much mind to it in the video clip. But really, a 60 isn't big enough for either of these fish.
Thankz in million @evolved ! I try to rehome them, i have great year with them.. too bad to let them go but they adults now they room to roam....

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back