Wrasse choice that can stand up to hawkfish?

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flame hawkfish that is absolutely brutal to smaller, peaceful wrasses….it has already murdered a McCosker’s and a yellow ‘coris’. I definitely want to keep a couple wrasses that are compatible together (tank is 90g) but also able to stand up to potential bullying from the hawkfish. Any suggestions?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flame hawkfish that is absolutely brutal to smaller, peaceful wrasses….it has already murdered a McCosker’s and a yellow ‘coris’. I definitely want to keep a couple wrasses that are compatible together (tank is 90g) but also able to stand up to potential bullying from the hawkfish. Any suggestions?
Honestly, that Hawkfish will go for anything it can. I had one wipe out my most dominant wrasse in the tank (A radiant) and then attempt to go for my Diamond Tail Flasher. The only way I could sort it out was through removing the Hawkfish.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to keep a flame hawk with gobies, firefish (a goby, I know), different flashers wrasses, chalk bass, and I can't recall what else I tried with Ethan hawkfish never worked out. He was always peaceful, until he wasn't. Finally had to give him away. I decided a Yellow Coris and or a McCoskers and a purple fire fish were worth it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back