Wrasse compatibility-question

  • Thread starter Thread starter NE reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NE reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2022
Messages
213
Reaction score
99
Location
Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone has experience keeping a
Halichoeres melanurus and a Halichoeres margaritaceus together?

I’ve got an established 90 gallon system with a large melanurus currently. LFS has a beautiful margaritaceus.
 
Just curious if anyone has experience keeping a
Halichoeres melanurus and a Halichoeres margaritaceus together?

I’ve got an established 90 gallon system with a large melanurus currently. LFS has a beautiful margaritaceus.
It can work however I’d be cautious - especially if the Margaritaceus is on a similar size to your melanurus. It would also be more difficult if the margaritaceus was a male as I assume your Melanurus is a male currently if it’s a larger one.
 
Thanks for the reply. The Margaritaceus is half the size or less of the melanurus. The acclimation went well and I was happy to see the margaritaceus explore 1/4 of the tank, I observed it eat making me super happy. Even better was the two wrasse in question interacted a couple times and I was super encouraged with the lack of aggression, no chasing or following around.

Only issue is that the after going to bed in the sand Friday night I have yet to see it again. My tank is covered, so now is the difficult time of just waiting. I’ll update with pics hopefully in a couple days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new