Wrasse compatibility

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brah02
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brah02

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Messages
408
Reaction score
203
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local fish store just got a Hoevens wrasse in. I currently have a pintail, dusky, yellow corris, royal flasher, and pink margined. Will the Hoevens go well in this tank? That would be three halichoeres.
 
My local fish store just got a Hoevens wrasse in. I currently have a pintail, dusky, yellow corris, royal flasher, and pink margined. Will the Hoevens go well in this tank? That would be three halichoeres.
Presumably they mean a melanurus, correct? And you have these wrasses (and what else?) in an IM SR-80? I would find that risky, especially since a full grown dusky could dominate an 80gal AIO tank. And a pink margin is no slouch, either, for a fairy. I would instead wait for a nice leopard or pencil wrasse if you're looking for another sand sleeper, or a second flasher like a linespot or blue.
 
Presumably they mean a melanurus, correct? And you have these wrasses (and what else?) in an IM SR-80? I would find that risky, especially since a full grown dusky could dominate an 80gal AIO tank. And a pink margin is no slouch, either, for a fairy. I would instead wait for a nice leopard or pencil wrasse if you're looking for another sand sleeper, or a second flasher like a linespot or blue.
Yeah, Melanarus. And yes all in an SR80, with hopes to upgrade in 1-2 years to a larger tank. Dusky is about full grown, and he's actually my most tame/mellow fish lol additional stock list is: two storm clownfish, a midas blenny, a royal gramma, a yellow line cleaner goby and sharknose goby. Oh, and a coral beauty.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new