wrasse compatibility

jguerin88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have an 80 gallon reef tank currently with a few wrasses and looking to add a couple more .
i have a melranus(hoevens) wrasse , a lubbocks wrasse , and a 6line wrasse currently . i was looking to add one or 2 more into the mix . any suggestions ?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would strongly recommend rehoming the 6 line. Long term it's very unlikely to tolerate other wrasses in the tank.

Otherwise you could easily add 2 or 3 more fairy wrasses or flasher wrasses...or a mixture of both. It all depends on what appeals to your eye. There is a great sticky above on compatibility with fairy wrasses. With flashers, almost any mix will be ok....except an 8 line flasher would best be added last when mixed with other flashers.

OP
OP
jguerin88

jguerin88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would strongly recommend rehoming the 6 line. Long term it's very unlikely to tolerate other wrasses in the tank.

Otherwise you could easily add 2 or 3 more fairy wrasses or flasher wrasses...or a mixture of both. It all depends on what appeals to your eye. There is a great sticky above on compatibility with fairy wrasses. With flashers, almost any mix will be ok....except an 8 line flasher would best be added last when mixed with other flashers.

thanks for the info , i’ve never had any issues with my 6 line and is a model citizen for the last few years

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a few worthwhile articles here on wrasses that I thought were a good read.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back