Leslie Tabor

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect the same; I wish I had more to add. :(
Thank you for replying. He was just so pretty, he is mostly white at the moment, from stress?? I fell in love with him right away. I had not had any wrasses...now I think I will stay away! The ones I like are spendy, and I don't know how to make a tank out of bubble wrap. So sad.

OP
OP
Leslie Tabor

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like to euthanize. Painful or slow, I let them pass on their own. He still has life though, so maybe you'll have the miracle story to share.
I like the thought that maybe he will pull through, but any time I can do something to prevent suffering I will. I am a vet tech and while it is in my nature to save, I don't like to let anything go too far. See it happen too often.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nh3 went up to almost 1ppm. Its an established DT that I dosed. Is that too high?

I have no corals in the tank and it was just pretty much a live rock only tank. Lol. I don't have any ammonia but have 1ppm of nitrate.

Then why did you say that you had ammonia at 1ppm? You can start your own thread on this subject so we don't derail or hijack the OP's thread.

OP
OP
Leslie Tabor

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as of this morning when I left for work, he actually looked pretty good. His color is better, and he stopped flopping around. He did eat from what I could tell. I will update later tonight again when I get home. Fingers crossed ppl!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as of this morning when I left for work, he actually looked pretty good. His color is better, and he stopped flopping around. He did eat from what I could tell. I will update later tonight again when I get home. Fingers crossed ppl!

That's excellent news! :)

greenhorn reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm rooting for the lil guy. Keep is posted!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest concern is the orange menace in the background...lol my male lyre tail tends to bully and is a total narcissistic attention freak! :rolleyes:

Can you put him in an acclimation box or down in the sump until he fully heals?

OP
OP
Leslie Tabor

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you put him in an acclimation box or down in the sump until he fully heals?
He is going to stay in the acclimation box, which is nice because I have him in 1 side right now so as/if he improves I can open it up andoing give him a little more space before I let him into the tank again. He needs a helmet!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is going to stay in the acclimation box, which is nice because I have him in 1 side right now so as/if he improves I can open it up andoing give him a little more space before I let him into the tank again. He needs a helmet!

Whoops! Put = keep :oops:

greenhorn reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How's your "special" fish?

OP
OP
Leslie Tabor

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's your "special" fish?
Well sadly I ended up letting him go to the big ocean in the sky. :( He just did not improve enough to swim in the tank, he needed a set up with virtually no flow. I have to say I have had horrible luck with fish lately...I am Hoping for an end to the streak!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sadly I ended up letting him go to the big ocean in the sky. :( He just did not improve enough to swim in the tank, he needed a set up with virtually no flow. I have to say I have had horrible luck with fish lately...I am Hoping for an end to the streak!
I'm sorry for your loss. It happens to the best of us. Keep your head up.

I do think that fish injured himself dashing in to or tying to leap out..

greenhorn reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I really get attached to things so it makes it really hard sometimes! I appreciate the support!

I hear you. I won't even name them anymore because I hate to lose them. Also, it has become a superstition in my house that naming our tank critters is the kiss of death. No names=longer life (except snails).

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry you lost him. It is so hard...for some reason I get especially attached to wrasses as well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back