Wrasse Identification

JW_Reef02

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2022
Messages
12
Reaction score
23
Location
columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

Can anyone help me identify my wrasse species?



I originally was told it was a female peacock flasher - Paracheilinus cyaneus. However, it’s size and coloration leads me to believe it is actually a peacock fairy wrasse - Cirrhilabrus temminckii.

I’ve observed some aggression towards my blue star leopards which I captured in the video. I may need to move the fairy/ flasher into another tank if that aggression progresses.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

IMG_4290.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new