Wrasse in trouble

Reefer350Lighting

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse has a bit off side fin. I think it's growing back which is a good sign but it's been a couple days and ive put him in an acclamation box to stop any bullying that might be going on. Ive now noticed pop eye on one side. I got told to do a fresh water dip. I put him back in the tank and the wrasse just constantly spins. He is eating. But misses the food most of the time. But eats.
Even though I've had the fish for 2 weeks it's heart breaking to see it like this.
Any advise would be seriously appreciated
Here's a photo of the eye and the video of the fish right after the fresh water dip

Attachments

• 20210330_182736.mp4
    23.1 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen this sort of odd neurological issue in these wrasses when newly acquired: they spin or swim at odd angles, but still try to eat. I’ve not been able to resolve it since I can’t figure out the cause. It doesn’t seem to be contagious to other fish though.
Jay

OP
OP
R

Reefer350Lighting

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen this sort of odd neurological issue in these wrasses when newly acquired: they spin or swim at odd angles, but still try to eat. I’ve not been able to resolve it since I can’t figure out the cause. It doesn’t seem to be contagious to other fish though.
Jay
Thanks for your input, good news is the popeye swelling has reduced to half and the fish seems to be more "incontrol" I did do a 5 minutes fresh water dip about 20 minutes after I made the post. Not completely sure if that's what helped it. Had an lfs tell me it could have been a parasite in the eye

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input, good news is the popeye swelling has reduced to half and the fish seems to be more "incontrol" I did do a 5 minutes fresh water dip about 20 minutes after I made the post. Not completely sure if that's what helped it. Had an lfs tell me it could have been a parasite in the eye
Possibly the popeye was pressing on a nerve going to the brain?
Jay

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 95 44.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back