Wrasse Injury Follow Up. help please!

strudel88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! About a week ago I posted about a wrasse that jumped out of my husbands tank while I was feeding. He had a a hard landing and at first he seemed okay and but then his eye began swell.

I took the suggestions of a couple of other experienced people and I got him into a quarantine tank and started treating with Erythromycin.

Sadly after about a week of treatment we aren’t looking any better. He’s eating and it seems like he can still see from this eye as he will follow my finger.

is there anything else I should be doing for him? How long do I keep the treatment going? Picture from today.
6060A339-AACD-49A4-A51F-A0FE6BAA10F5.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have trigger that had an eye issue like that I used seachem Kanaplex mixed with focus and it helped as the problem is solved. But I’m no expert just sharing some info that I hope may help.

OP
OP
S

strudel88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have trigger that had an eye issue like that I used seachem Kanaplex mixed with focus and it helped as the problem is solved. But I’m no expert just sharing some info that I hope may help.
Thanks! I’m up for any suggestions at this point! I’ll look into it. Just want to get this guy back to normal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I’m up for any suggestions at this point! I’ll look into it. Just want to get this guy back to normal

Is the eye stable or getting worse?

That the fish is still feeding is a good sign. It can take weeks for the eye to heal. How long did you dose with the Erythromycin? It takes 5 to 7 days to begin seeing an improvement from antibiotics. Jumping from one to another antibiotic in less time than that can be an issue.

Jay

OP
OP
S

strudel88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That the fish is still feeding is a good sign. It can take weeks for the eye to heal. How long did you dose with the Erythromycin? It takes 5 to 7 days to begin seeing an improvement from antibiotics. Jumping from one to another antibiotic in less time than that can be an issue.

Jay
I’d stay stable. Hasn’t gotten any larger and no change in coloring. I’ll keep on the erythromycin, tomorrow will be 7 days. Is there such thing as dosing that for too long?
Thanks!

OP
OP
S

strudel88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
As of now here is what it looks like
71F24570-BA7B-4D46-A3B0-E63EE5E806D5.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back