Wrasse lying on side breathing heavy

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Lineatus Wrasse that I have had for 2-3 years. He was healthy and active last week. The rest of my fish are doing great as well as my corals.

I went away on vacation and had someone feed my tank daily, probably overfed my tank. The first day back with my lights on I noticed him lying on the floor of my tank breathing heavy. He did look around and his eye, the one I could see, was clear. He lost a lot of his color and is either on his side or upside down.

I added Epsom salt, per ratio for illness, to the tank hoping it would help. The next day, today, he appeared the same however the other fish were taking a big interest in him so I moved him to my sump and turned the lights out he barely swam his color is awful.

If I had to guess in order of what might be happening: 1. he may have flukes 2. He may have some other disease but no spots on him 3. He was injured by another fish or startled by someone when I was away on vacation. 4. He overate but does not seem to be getting better he did not eat yesterday or today, I have not seen him eat since I got back. I think he will die if I don't help him or give him some relief.

Can anyone give suggestions on what to do?

techhnyne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a lineatus right now too swims upside down and straight head up. its so stressfull to watch I put epson salt and medication in a QT tank hoping it might help a bacterial infection

good luck

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say there was a spike of ammonia from the uneaten food....but the other fish are fine?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back