Wrasse QT

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That kills everything copper does?
More than, be careful and dig through some articles here to find the way others have used it successfully. I dont QT anymore sorry I can’t be of more help
7696A6FB-6424-43BC-AD08-B4D45B5A668D.jpeg

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you stop?
I like to be spontaneous with my live stock purchases and the work stacked up. The extra tanks, testing and clean up became too much of a chore. I already spend plenty of time on the main display. Im always looking to simplify to spend more time enjoying

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to be spontaneous with my live stock purchases and the work stacked up. The extra tanks, testing and clean up became too much of a chore. I already spend plenty of time on the main display. Im always looking to simplify to spend more time enjoying
I can relate. You ever run into any misfortune with disease?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can relate. You ever run into any misfortune with disease?
So I set up a 60 gallon with about 8 fish, I took them all out for QT with copper. Then I bought a 120g and moved them into it. I bought a couple fish from my lfs that did not qt, all was fine for a month. Then I bought some QTd fish from tsm, they looked great and ate well. The tsm fish got sick about 2-3 weeks later and all the fish got velvet. Lost all but the fish from the lfs. I then started restocking 2 weeks later (slowly) with fish only from that same LFS. I now have 25 fish and haven’t lost one since velvet. I have seen ich on my hippo tang every now and then but it only shows up for a couple days here and there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I set up a 60 gallon with about 8 fish, I took them all out for QT with copper. Then I bought a 120g and moved them into it. I bought a couple fish from my lfs that did not qt, all was fine for a month. Then I bought some QTd fish from tsm, they looked great and ate well. The tsm fish got sick about 2-3 weeks later and all the fish got velvet. Lossed all but the fish from the lfs. I then started restocking 2 weeks later (slowly) with fish only from that same LFS. I now have 25 fish and haven’t lossed one since velvet. I have seen ich on my hippo tang every now and then but it only shows up for a couple days here and there.
Interesting. So you’ve got 25 fish in your 120G?
got pics?

Back