Wrasse question

Lionheart513

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Just wanted ur opinion I have a solerensis wrasse n he hides all the time.is that normal? The other question is a lunar wrasse too but was wondering are they compatible? Thanks in advance for ur input or advices

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lunar Wrasses can be quite...evil. Not all of them, but mine got to a point...he developed a lump on his forehead as he matured, along with his fits. If he is larger he may be scaring the other guy. The solerensis is a smaller species, and more peaceful. The gets a lot larger, faster, and stronger...much stronger. You could probably smack someone with a full grown one and leave a good bruise. I wouldnt recommend it though. but wrasses are tricky to mix. I have had yellow and 6 lines in the same tank b4 and it was like watching a **** fight. I had to remove the 6 line, which was easy since he was going in the same exact pattern as the yellow. just my experience, all fish act in their own odd manner for sure.

How long have you had both fish?

OP
OP
L

Lionheart513

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the solerensis for like 2 weeks or so n was thinking getting the lunar that's y I wanted y'all opinion first

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank do you have?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, a lunar has no place in a reef tank.

Also, the solorensis should not be hiding continuously. Doing such is a sign that another tankmate is bullying him, else something is stressing him.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back