Wrasse Question

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a yellow flanky wrasse (like 2.5-3") and is in quarantine now. I want to add it to my 75 but i have a serpent star fish there (like 6-7" across), will the wrasse eat that guy?

thanks

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh never mind I read yellow wrasse not yellow flanked. Thats a fairy wrasse; they are completely reef safe.
By reef safe you mean it will not touch that serpent star fish? Because reef safe means they will not bother corals really and not inverts.
thanks

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only things it will bother in your tank are the pods and bristle worms. IMHO, perfectly reef suitable, but only if you have a well fitting top of some sort. They do love to jump!

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only things it will bother in your tank are the pods and bristle worms. IMHO, perfectly reef suitable, but only if you have a well fitting top of some sort. They do love to jump!
Cool i would love to get rid of bristle worms. The screen top, i am figuring it out. The yellow Corris jumped from my nano quarantine :(.
But the yellow flanky does not go out at all, always hiding under a rock.

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairy wrasse are generally shy at first. I have a bluehead fairy which is almost the same as your yellow flanked fairy just hiding in the pvc pipe all day. It will not swim around. I am sure it will like being in the DT a whole better than QT

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You absolutely DO NOT want to rid your tank of bristle worms. They are an essential part of your CUC that can get to the little nooks and crannies that pretty much nothing else can.

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You absolutely DO NOT want to rid your tank of bristle worms. They are an essential part of your CUC that can get to the little nooks and crannies that pretty much nothing else can.
Oh I already dumped the wrasse in..too late? Some of them are hidden in hard to reach places. They just manage to sting me whenever I do something lol

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrasse died in the 75 today, it was panting even in QT from day 1.
That makes all the five fish i got from Salgado Aquatics in new york last week DEAD! I am not that newbie with fish really (maybe corals lol), there is something wrong with that store.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back