Wrasse Resort

I was sad I missed that one. I'd rather have submitted one of my weird fish then a boring green coral.
I skipped this month's green coral contest because I don't have a macro lens. I tried taking a few pics of my trachy but they were too blurry.
 
I skipped this month's green coral contest because I don't have a macro lens. I tried taking a few pics of my trachy but they were too blurry.

The site below is your friend!

www.mpb.com
 
Do you have any idea how hard it is to photograph a wrasse while it's zipping through the tank??? throw me a bone! :grinning-squinting-face:
even when they are "stationary". that's why I only have gifs of mine.
 
I skipped this month's green coral contest because I don't have a macro lens. I tried taking a few pics of my trachy but they were too blurry.
I use a telescopic lens. Still get good photos if I sit far away But the super close ups are out of focus.
C15E0625-567F-4111-A975-FE15D2C9B7A4.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Multiple votes are allowed so there were others that also got my vote, but I still think your photo is the best in the group! ...both by my interest in the fish type/beauty and by knowing how hard it can be to get a good picture of a wrasse!
Aww thank you
 
I use a telescopic lens. Still get good photos if I sit far away :face-with-tears-of-joy: But the super close ups are a little out of focus.
C15E0625-567F-4111-A975-FE15D2C9B7A4.jpeg
I have a telescopic lens thanks for the suggestion!
 
Aww thank you
I mean, if you noticed, just this Wednesday I commented on how hard it is to get good pictures of wrasses in my WrasseWednesday post!
Earmuffs are also near the top of my list for favorite wrasses, and your photograph is so perfectly in focus and shows the full, beautiful profile.
 
I think this is the first photo of him I have ever taken that wasn't a pure blur. And it does not speak to his coloration at all. Wrasse suck for cameras.
PXL_20230308_215734133.jpg
 
I think this is the first photo of him I have ever taken that wasn't a pure blur. And it does not speak to his coloration at all. Wrasse suck for cameras.
PXL_20230308_215734133.jpg
Agree! Wrasses and cameras do not mix. I probably take 50+ shots before I get a decent one.
 
Mine hate the phone. They seem to be ok if taking a picture of other fish but if I tilt phone tiny bit on them they are gone or top of tank and lights wash out the picture. I might have to tape my phone to the tank for a week
 
Agree! Wrasses and cameras do not mix. I probably take 50+ shots before I get a decent one.
I only got this shot because I was trying to take a photo of the mushroom, not the wrasse lol
 
You can vote for more than one ;)
I did I made sure to. Couldn’t leave you hanging. Couldn’t let the Hawkfish take all the love. Did need to change the vote but it’s for the greater good lol.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new