Wrasse swimming at surface

gmcgarry

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a silver bellied coris wrasse that I introduced into the tank about 2 weeks ago. For the past day or so it has been swimming at the surface of the water in flow. I don’t think this is normal for wrasses, and I would appreciate any feedback on what anyone thinks this is. I added a blend to the tank yesterday but I thought it had either flukes or inch so I took it out this morning. Do you think it caught something?

image.jpg

Jay Hemdal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a silver bellied coris wrasse that I introduced into the tank about 2 weeks ago. For the past day or so it has been swimming at the surface of the water in flow. I don’t think this is normal for wrasses, and I would appreciate any feedback on what anyone thinks this is. I added a blend to the tank yesterday but I thought it had either flukes or inch so I took it out this morning. Do you think it caught something?

image.jpg
Can you post a short video taken under white light? Linking a video to YouTube works best.

Thanks,

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
G

gmcgarry

View Badges
Reaction score
It’s still sleeping in the sand bed and acting like normal besides this. Honestly, I think I’m just paranoid since I’ve lost a pair of clowns to brook

Upvote 0
Vivid