Wrasse swimming in one spot

dominicpowell955

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My pintail wrasse has been swimming in one spot for hours. The pintail is eating, but not active like he once was. I got him around 2 weeks ago, he was swimming eating and chasing the smaller wrasses. He has a dusty like substance near the tail, but no other fish seems to have this. IMG_2839.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2841.mov
    24.4 MB

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the clowns, the bicolor blenny, and the yellow tang may have decided to take a few bites out of this fishes tail. It might need to be put in isolation to prevent more damage. The aggression level of the tank may indicate that you have maxed out the space needed for these fish to live without fighting with their neighbors after bumping into them every time they take a lap around the tank?

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see its tail been nibbled on and betting most of the bidding is because of aggression. Pintails don’t take much aggression

OP
OP
D

dominicpowell955

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been observing the tank and nothing chases the pintail, he’s actually the one chasing a small flasher around the tank lol. The pintail is always out and eating heavily but no swimming around as active as when I got him.

Erric78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My pintail wrasse has been swimming in one spot for hours. The pintail is eating, but not active like he once was. I got him around 2 weeks ago, he was swimming eating and chasing the smaller wrasses. He has a dusty like substance near the tail, but no other fish seems to have this. IMG_2839.jpeg
poor guy :crying-face: try isolating him for a while

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back