wrasse wready?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've lost too many. Any is too many, but it's been more than one. the last was a splended. I lost him to jumping into my overflow box. So I made this.
Screenshot 2024-03-02 054923.png

The widest section is 7mm. Question one: will this suffice to keep future wrasses out of the drains?

second question is this: I have an acrylic tank with a fairly beefy eurobrace, pushing five inches wide. The waterline sits roughly two inches down from that. Do I need a lid/taller rim/something else? Or is it too far to jump (outside the truly dedicated)...

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've lost too many. Any is too many, but it's been more than one. the last was a splended. I lost him to jumping into my overflow box. So I made this.
Screenshot 2024-03-02 054923.png

The widest section is 7mm. Question one: will this suffice to keep future wrasses out of the drains?

second question is this: I have an acrylic tank with a fairly beefy eurobrace, pushing five inches wide. The waterline sits roughly two inches down from that. Do I need a lid/taller rim/something else? Or is it too far to jump (outside the truly dedicated)...
As far as the first I can’t give an answer, but for the second I have an acrylic tank as well, with an even wider brace, but two rather sizable holes to jump out from. My wife surprisingly suggested using baking cooling racks that have a small grid size. They fit very well over the two openings. This is similar to what I use. No fish floor tacos yet. The reason for my non answer to #1#1ist’s an AIO style
1709768081568.png

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use covers made with egg crate
Thought of that, but would it block top much light?
As far as the first I can’t give an answer, but for the second I have an acrylic tank as well, with an even wider brace, but two rather sizable holes to jump out from. My wife surprisingly suggested using baking cooling racks that have a small grid size. They fit very well over the two openings. This is similar to what I use. No fish floor tacos yet. The reason for my non answer to #1#1ist’s an AIO style
1709768081568.png
They hold up to the salt? I like the idea.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought of that, but would it block top much light?

They hold up to the salt? I like the idea.
So far. Been using since November. No probs with light diffusion
IMG_1376.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back