Wrasses in Bare Bottom Tank

Can I keep a flame wrasse pair in a bar bottom tank?
Flame wrasses don't bury in the sand.

What size tank? In most cases it's not worth getting a pr. Females have a tendancy to transition to males, even if another male is present, and males of the same species are pretty intolerant of one another.
 
you might be able to use a 6 line wrasse for your purposes. Out of all the wrasses I've kept, i've never seen the sixline use the sand bed.
My six line is a total D!(k and has been banished from the display. I to have a bare bottom and now plagued with montipora eating nudibranchs! AARRRG! They are devouring every thing and no way to remove.
 
I’m getting a yellow wrasse for my bb a lot of ppl around me have the yellows and work great
 
I’m getting a yellow wrasse for my bb a lot of ppl around me have the yellows and work great
provide it with a container of sand, period
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new