Wrasses nipping coral ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter solo_reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

solo_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello i have two wrasses leopard and halichoeres melanurus they are nipping the lps coral what should I do ? I feed 3 time a day
 
generally they don't and may be going after food particles or Pods
 
Agree with the two above posts. I have a leopard as well and nips various locations through out the tank with no issues.
 
Agree with the two above posts. I have a leopard as well and nips various locations through out the tank with no issues.
I agree they’re most likely snacking on something crawling on the coral. Hopefully pods and not some other pest
He cut one of the head :/

4C4044FF-90D7-47A7-8DCB-254E529E45EB.jpeg
 
I would call that accidental. Also incidental. My torches lose tips all the time whether from flow or something else. Nothing to worry about IMO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new