Wrasses versus The CleanUp Crew

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
12,344
Reaction score
25,562
Location
Sayreville, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a whitebelly wrasse, aka canarytop wrasse or lemon meringue wrasse. I've noticed I don't have much of a cleanup crew left so I was going to put in an order for a whole new cleanup crew. . As I perused a popular site, I realized I'm just ordering expensive meals for my wrasse. So I'm now looking for advice for a cleanup crew that is wrasse-safe, or at least wrasse-safe with caution.
 
Trochus snails are probably the strongest snail ,maybe a tigertail cucumber or two ? good luck...
 
Consider Pitho Crabs, strawberry conchs, scarlet leg and Halloween hermits, brittle stars, and larger shrimp like Skunk and blood to start.
 
I always had success with money cowries and urchins. I also kept a healthy population of asterina starfish. Those are about the only things my larger wrasses left alone.
 
I have a whitebelly wrasse, aka canarytop wrasse or lemon meringue wrasse. I've noticed I don't have much of a cleanup crew left so I was going to put in an order for a whole new cleanup crew. . As I perused a popular site, I realized I'm just ordering expensive meals for my wrasse. So I'm now looking for advice for a cleanup crew that is wrasse-safe, or at least wrasse-safe with caution.
Yes, I have a long nose hawkfish so in a similar situation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new