Wrecked by zoa pox...

tclipse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught some zoapox on a couple of my colonies in my DT, so I ordered some furan-2... it never showed.

After a week of waiting I ordered it again from a different site, and went to the store and bought up what the LFS had (just one box of the API mini packets, only enough for 2-3 dips really) and used it... I'm still waiting on the 2nd order I made but the past 1-2 weeks was enough to lose my pinwheels, bam-bams, blue hornets, mohawks, green bay packers, radioactive dragons, most of my lemon-limes, and a few NOID colonies.

Everything that's been lost had at least 10-15 heads. My 100+ head colonies of tubbs and whammin watermelons (was honestly the best colored WW colony I've ever seen, and are now COMPLETELY that 'kaleidoscope' green with brown tips) are on their last leg.
.................This stuff better get here soon :cry:

Most of my palys have been afflicted too, but are holding up OK, with the exception of my people eaters, which haven't been touched.... I guess that's a small victory. Thank god I decided to go LPS/zoas instead of a zoa-only tank, or I'd probably be on my way out of the hobby.

Everything did look much better after using the API packets but there just wasn't enough to keep dipping for more than a few days. I got 2 day shipping on the online order so it should come in Monday or Tues at the latest. I've done the physical removal as much as possible, but this stuff is really nasty.....

Just a warning out there to all the zoa keepers... it would be a very good idea to keep some furan2/bifuran on hand so you don't end up like me. Spending the $10-15 ahead of time would have saved me quite a few benjamins.

xxbrianxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man...I'm sorry to hear that. Did you dip/quarantine your zoas when you got them? Good luck with the rest of your z/p's...hope they pull through.

OP
OP
tclipse

tclipse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man...I'm sorry to hear that. Did you dip/quarantine your zoas when you got them? Good luck with the rest of your z/p's...hope they pull through.

Yep, I've dipped everything that's been added in the past six months. The first to go was a WC frag which had been dipped but was melting and then showed up with pox.. I threw it out since it was already a goner but a few polyps were missing so I think they fell off as it was dying and were still in the tank to spread the pox.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back